So you found the dream job. Only one problem — it requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel. What to do?
This course is a gameplan for learning Excel — and acing your job interview along the way.
You will learn:
- Understand the essential functions of an analyst
- Learn how to position your Excel skills in the broader trend toward data-driven business
- Develop an employer needs-based curriculum for learning Excel
- Prepare for the most common interview questions for analysts
Your interview prep power hour
When you’ve got an interview schedule, you can’t spend hours trying to learn a subject. That’s why this course will take under an hour.
The course is delivered through high-quality screencast video training. I also include the slide decks for you to follow along.
Tips and tricks not included
I have intentionally left out direct Excel training from this course. To get in-depth Excel video training for the topics covered, see the parent course, “Hired with Excel: What Every Analyst Needs to Know.”
Instead, this series will get you focused on what counts at a job interview — addressing the employers’ needs, and proving you can satisfy them.
What are the requirements?
- Download the free Microsoft Excel app
- Have basic proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (open, close, and save files, etc.)
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand the importance of Excel in today’s data-driven business world
- Know the critical Excel features for job seekers
- Communicate the value of strong Excel skills at a job interview
What is the target audience?
- This course is meant to serve as a roadmap for those applying for jobs requiring proficiency in Microsoft Excel. It is not a comprehensive Excel training series.