Today’s young professionals (YPs) are part of the “Social Generation.” They are more connected than any other society before them through social media and the Internet.
But no digital interaction can match the importance of meeting people “in real life.” And one place where a promising YP will likely do this at a networking event.
If the thought of attending a happy hour with a bunch of strangers in the name of “professional development” confuses or annoys you, read on. This book will change the way you think about YP events. You will learn how to:
- Find the right YP event
- Ease into the event
- Use observations in making conversation
- Mingle and become a social butterfly
- Effortlessly end a conversation
- Turn your acquaintances into connections
- Evaluate the event and proceed